Wednesday, February 6, 2013

P90X - A Glorious Day Indeed

 
P90X – A Glorious Day Indeed…
Tomorrow is a milestone but for now, we will leave it and its special significance right where it is, in the future. For now, we will focus on today, my 59th P90X day, the last Tuesday of Phase Two.
Kenpo was on my schedule for today and as you may remember, I am adding a 3 mile run to 4 consecutive days this week. After my Kenpo was done, I headed to the gym to finish my second of four runs…and it was GOOD.
I enjoyed Kenpo from the very first time I plopped the DVD in and started punching and kicking and blocking. Today was even better. I got to share a few blocking moves and punching moves with Kerry. She seemed eager to learn and I was eager to show her the “proper way” to execute the moves. Her weak shoulders loved the exercise and I suggested that she takes it slow at first, giving her muscles time to get accustomed to the moves. SHe agreed. It was a glorious day indeed.
After running Kerry wanted me to stop by Home Depot to pick up 20 bags of steer manure. She is going to treat our citrus trees and do some of the other trees as well. Each bag is a cubic foot (40 lbs) and believe me, that’s a lot of manure. After loading up the cart at Home Depot, dragging it to the checkout stand, loading it up onto my truck and then strategically placing the bags (2 at a time) in our back yard, I realized that today was not only about Kenpo and running. I also got one of the best upper body workouts ever. A well rounded workout, leaving me soar, tired and smelling like the back end of a cow. It’s shower time.
What Smell?

No comments:

Post a Comment