Thursday, February 21, 2013

P90X - Everything Happens In 3's...


P90X – Everything Happens In 3’s…
Day 74 of my 90 day odyssey was strange, if one word could describe it. Strange indeed!
Starting my Yoga routine at 8:30ish, I didn’t get through my 1 ½ hour workout until 11:00am. Why did it take so long? Stuff happens that changes ones focus, obligations and goals.
Just as I began my routine Kerry called me into the kitchen. The coffee machine was not working. I fiddled with it, looked up trouble shooting on the Kuerig website and assumed the problem was a mineral build up. Out came the vinegar and the de-scaling began. As I worked out, every 5 minutes I returned to the kitchen to start another cup of hot vinegar through the coffee machine. The problem was, it wasn’t drawing in enough liquid and on the discharge end, it was only dripping ever so slowly. It took several attempts before the reservoir was emptied enough to draw in the vinegar. I spent a lot of time going back and forth from my home gym to the kitchen, pausing the DVD every time.
Finally, I figured out the coffee machine and got it running like new. The nozzle was clogged and had to be augured. I went ahead and completed the de-scaling anyways. Also, during all of the coffee confusion, Kerry told me that the heater in her mother’s living room wasn’t coming on. Everything was working but just no heat coming out. That was an easy fix. The coils outside have a self cleaning mode and this just happened to be the time it wanted to run that process.
Normally, everything happens in 3’s, so I cautiously wait for the 3rd and final challenge for the day.
At 11:00am I finally finished my Yoga routine, all distractions now behind me. I headed to the gym to push through a quick 3 mile run. Then it was off to Costco with Kerry to pick up a few must-haves.
Glad today is done (more snow on the way). Now, all I have to do is wait for American Idol, wrap up warmly with my bride and together, we will enjoy the remainder of the day.
Focus

No comments:

Post a Comment