Tuesday, December 4, 2012

P90X - It Hurts So Good...


P90X- Day 6
I thought it would be getting easier. But then again, I’ve only been doing this for 6 days.
Today, being a Tuesday, the routine on my schedule is called Plyometrics.
ply·o·met·rics [ pli ō méttriks ]   
To exercise without weights or machines: a free body movement exercise system using no weights or machines, but emphasizing calisthenics and repeated movements such as jumping high off the ground

So, by the sounds of it, it looked like I was going to have an easy routine today. I had a feeling that this wasn’t going to be so easy once I saw the time clock…Yupp, today’s Plyometrics will last 58 minutes. Just like yesterdays routine. But, at least there are no chin ups or pushups I need to worry about. (by the way…chin up bar ordered – here within a week)

Then the instructor started talking about working so hard, we will be needing multiple 1 minute water breaks. It didn’t sound so easy to me anymore. What on earth are we going to be doing that would require so many long breaks? Then, when the warm up was over I was huffing like I just ran a marathon. As we started doing various jumps, some going this way and others going that way I began to realize that I was about to sweat like never before – I was right.
There were some exercises that were easy for me and others that were impossible. But I stuck with it and eventually made it through the storm. No matter how hard I tried, there was no way I could jump up into the air, with my arms reaching high, and while suspended in flight bringing both of my feet slamming up into my butt. I did try. I pictured the face-plant to the floor I would accomplish – nice way for the paramedics to find me!
Another difficult one was balancing on one foot and hopping forward, then back, then to one side and then to the other (forming a cross). Then when you think it is finally over, we go through the entire series again, a little faster, a little more intensely.
All in all, the 58 minutes passed quickly and I found myself wanting more. Once my water bottle was refilled, it was off to the gym for another 3 miles run (I like my 3 mile runs).
Today I worked hard and tomorrow I will feel it. It is interesting when I think about where I hurt and why. Actually I have aches “Everywhere” but the ones that stand out the most are my pecks. That is from yesterdays Chest and Back workout (chin ups, or my version of pull ups along with all of the pushups). Tomorrow my aches will be relocating elsewhere…Looking forward to it.
Yupp, It Hurts So Good.
                                                          Up, Up and Away                                          
                                                     ...OUCH...

No comments:

Post a Comment