Monday, March 4, 2013

P90X - No Big Deal...





P90X - No Big Deal...

Today, my 85th P90X day, had me doing Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. Being the last time I will do this specific exercise I decided to push not only beyond the envelope, but way, way beyond the envelope. The last time I worked out with this DVD there were a couple of push-up sequences that worried met (i.e. the clap, the one armed push-up and the slide). Today I was successful with all three. Now, like I said before, some of the routines I do are far from pretty but for me, the intensity, burn and sweat is there, and that is all I really care about.

When doing the Plyometric of Clapping push-up last time, I was able to do them, but only 5 or 6 before giving in to the weakness over powering my arms. Today I did 12. I also did 12 of the Slide push-up (I forgot the actual name, but this is the one where as you push-up, your left arm slides way out to the side and then back in and on the next push-up your right arm does the same). 

The number 12 seemed to be my magic number today. I also did 12 of the one armed push-ups. As far as depth goes, I really didn't have very much but that didn't matter to me. I did them and it almost killed me (in a good way). I even did 10 of the one armed push-ups with the leg and arm side rise maneuver (again, I am not sure of the actual name).

I understand that some of you may say, "What is so impressive about doing 10 or 12 push-ups?" I would agree, doing a dozen or so push-ups is no big deal, at all. But, then again, when you add some factors like my age (56) and my former physical condition (all cushy) and throw in the fact that it is not only a dozen push-ups but a full hour of one push-up sequence after another with some weightlifting thrown in between, you will start to see the BIG picture.

Of course, this being a Monday, my routine today was followed by a healthy dose of Ab Ripper X. Today I just did the Ab Ripper program without the DVD, just to see if I had it locked and loaded within my memory. I ran the DVD afterwards (fast forward) just to see if I forgot anything. I had all of the sequences, just messed up the order a little. No big deal. 

I love it when a plan comes together

No comments:

Post a Comment