Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Prayer for the Elderly

                
A Prayer for the Elderly

Yesterday, I was trying to figure out what to write today on my BLOG. Then it suddenly hit me; getting old, and dealing with the aches and pains of day to day life, just like everything else we experience in life, is a God thing. And since it is a God thing, the only responsible thing to write today would be a prayer for the elderly.

Father, we lift up the elderly to You. Those who are feeble, week, struggling, forgotten. Father, help us to see them and care for them through Your power. Bless them, Lord, and hold them close. Draw them near to You in their last days, and bless them with the peace that comes from knowing You.  In Jesus' name we ask these things. Amen.

The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.  Psalms 18:2

Now, go out there and hug an old person today...I know I will...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment